Experienced Boutique Title Company
At James Brown Law our clients experience the feel of a boutique agency while having the benefits of a major law firm. Time, care and attention to detail is what we pride ourselves on and believe is the success of our title company & law firm. We are here to assist you in all title company services, including:
Prior to Closing
- Conduct a title search
- Coordinate all aspects of title services with appropriate parties
- Prepare necessary documents
- Schedule settlement
- Account for all funds
- Review closing documents
- Disburse all mortgage loan or sale proceeds
- Satisfy all lender requirements
- Record transfer documents
- Issue title insurance policy
What is the role & responsibility of a Title Company?
The best title company in West Palm Beach will take all the worry out of your settlement. Once your Real Estate Lawyer has your file in hand, a chain of events takes place methodically and carefully ensuring a seamless experience. Step one is ensuring seller ownership on the contract or property being sold. Next is a title search. If there are any liens or judgments on the property, your title company will work to clear the title of any defects. In Closing, your title company in West Palm Beach will collect all funds from all parties and hold in escrow. Your title company also transfers ownership and issues title insurance for both lender and buyer.
Why do I need title insurance?
If there are any unknown owners or hidden deficiencies that aren’t discoverable title insurance is the owners protection should any issues arise after the title is found clear. Lenders will require assurance the property title is clear through the issuance of a loan policy. However, title insurance covers the buyer while the lenders policy only covers the lender. You may think that this is unnecessary as it may seem like a rare occurrence, however, insurance is the protection of rare occurrences and what is at stake is not a nominal investment. It’s your home.
What does title insurance cover?
- Forged deeds, releases or wills
- Fraud in connection with execution of documents
- Clerical errors in recording legal documents
- Wills not properly probated
- Undisclosed or missing heirs
- Dower or curtsey rights of ex−spouses of former owners
- Unsatisfied claims not shown on record
- Deeds executed under expired or false powers of attorney
- Liens for unpaid taxes
If a title attorney acts as the Title Company in West Palm beach or closing agent in your transaction, and provides your title insurance, there will typically be no other fees involved. Hiring a real estate lawyer as your Title Company is one of the wisest decisions you can make when purchasing real estate, and James Brown Law in West Palm Beach is here to help you with all the title services you need.