Real Estate Law
Real Estate Lawyers Provide Many Benefits
Our attorneys at James Brown Law are seasoned in assisting with real estate transactions, permitting, leases, commercial transactions & business support services, real estate litigation, and investor services. They understand the complexities of real estate law and can negotiate a contract on your behalf, give legal advice, and explain the meaning and detail of all of your real estate transaction documents.
Real Estate Transactions
While our affiliate title company, New Path Title, is equipped to handle all title and closing services, an attorney at James Brown Law can also provide services such as:
- Representing Buyers, Sellers, lenders and borrowers in residential and commercial real estate transactions
- Performing due diligence for small and large scale real estate and business purchasers
- Negotiate, review and draft residential and commercial real estate contracts and option agreements
Permitting & Development
Need assistance obtain building permits so property may be developed? Need to close open or expired permits so a property may be sold or further developed? Whether providing services for permitting or obtaining land use and development entitlements, James Brown Law has the experience and knowhow to help navigate the often confusing world of permitting and property development. We can assist in:
- Obtaining land use and development entitlements
- Negotiate, review and draft developer and development agreements
- Negotiate public/private partnership agreements with governments and quasi-governmental entities pertaining to real estate and development
- Rezoning and variances, including code enforcement issues
- Draft, negotiate and review easements and rights of way
James Brown Law can negotiate, draft, and review residential and commercial leases, as well as represent landlords and tenants in evictions and lease breach lawsuits. Trust an experienced attorney to protect you in all manner of lease transactions.
Commercial Transactions & Business Support Services
Starting a new business or purchasing an existing business? There are numerous aspects of commercial transactions that will benefit from the use of an attorney. An attorney from James Brown Law can help you form and maintain:
- Limited liability companies
- Limited partnerships
- All related entities
We can also review, negotiate and close the purchase and sale of businesses, business assets, business interests, stock, and membership interests.
Mortgage Default Resolution, Short Sale, Foreclosure Defense, Mortgage Modification
An experienced Florida real estate lawyer from James Brown Law can help negotiate mortgage debt liability including conducting foreclosure defense, short sales, deeds in lieu of foreclosure, and mortgage loan modifications. We also represent borrowers in the negation of post judgment and short sale deficiency liability against institutional lenders and third party debt collectors.
Real Estate Litigation
Real estate litigation requires experienced and qualified professionals who understand the intricacies of your transaction, financing and ownership structures as well as the unique rules and regulations that apply to real estate in order to help clients achieve their objectives in the most efficient manner possible. At James Brown Law we can assist with:
- Litigating contract and business disputes
- Performing Quiet Title actions to obtain marketable title to real estate purchased in tax certificate foreclosures and tax deed sales, or for any other reason
- Conducting partition lawsuits for disputing landowners
- Litigating mortgage foreclosure suits for large and small scale lenders
Purchasing real estate as an investment is a complex experience, so why not benefit from the guidance and experience of an established real estate lawyer? James Brown Law will assist you in conducting due diligence and provide multiple loan resolution options and analysis for investors of defaulting mortgages and notes. We can also draft loan agreements, mortgages and promissory notes for commercial and residential loans and handle your 1031 exchanges.